Welcome to CRCS
The Center for Research on Computation and Society (CRCS), at the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, brings together computer scientists and scholars from a broad range of fields to make advances in computational research that serve public interest. We are currently collaborating on interdisciplinary projects in areas such as Economics & Computer Science; Healthcare Informatics; Privacy & Security; Technology & Accessibility; and Automation & Reproducibility of Data Analysis. CRCS is informed by a deep knowledge of the societal issues at stake, and by a commitment to advancing the human condition through cutting edge collaboration between computational and social science.
In Fall 2009, CRCS joined forces with Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society. We have since integrated our fellowship programs and coordinated our respective seminars to foster interdisciplinary collaboration. CRCS hosts a biweekly seminar for both communities from 11:30am – 1:00pm on Mondays in Maxwell Dworkin, Room 119. CRCS fellows, faculty and friends are encouraged to join us, and to participate in the weekly Berkman lunches, held each Tuesday from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. CRCS also hosts informal discussions on seminar off-weeks (alternating Mondays, 11:30am – 1:00pm) to encourage group discussion across disciplines.
At CRCS, faculty member Salil Vadhan leads the Privacy Tools for Sharing Research Data project. This is a multi-school, cross-departmental effort supported by the National Science Foundation’s Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) program.
- Paper Co-Authored by CRCS Postdoc Thomas Pasquier Wins University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory's Paper of the Year Award
- CRCS Postdocs Escape from Zombie with Five Minutes to Spare!
- Paper by Postdoc Thomas Pasquier to be Presented at ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware 2016
- Postdoc Fei Fang Conference on Computational Sustainability (CompSust'16)
- Babis Tsourakakis' paper, "Predicting Signed Edges with O(n logn) Queries" has been accepted to Allerton Conference.
- Postdoctoral fellow Babis Tsourakakis joins Boston University Faculty
Latest Tweets from @HCRCS:
Meet one of our postdocs, George Kellaris, and his privacy work: t.co/I5ZQTClNYc #ComputerScience #Privacy #PostdocFriday #MCM?
Curious about our @hubweek symposium this fall? summary of Keynote (@CityChicagoCIO) #ontheblog t.co/tF3kLf8oel #moretocome
I'm at @HCRCS "Opportunities and Perils in Data Science" held at @Harvard t.co/w141xvoFOx #IACSSEMINAR