Welcome to CRCS
Harvard's Center for Research on Computation and Society (CRCS) bring computer scientists and scholars from a broad range of fields to make advances in computer science research that serve public interest, informed by a deep knowledge of the societal issues at stake. Currently we have activities in areas such as: Economics and Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics, Privacy and Security, Technology and Accessibility, Automation and Reproducibility of Data Analysis.
Since Fall 2009, CRCS has joined forces with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. In particular, we have integrated our fellowship programs and coordinated our respective seminars to foster collaboration. CRCS hosts a biweekly seminar for both communities from 11:30am – 1:00pm on Mondays in Maxwell Dworkin, Room 119. CRCS fellows, faculty and friends are also encouraged to participate in the weekly Berkman lunches, held each Tuesday from 2:00 – 4:00pm. CRCS also hosts informal discussions on seminar off-weeks (alternating Mondays, 11:30-1:00) to encourage group discussions across disciplines, addressing relevant societal problems.
Here at CRCS, faculty member Salil Vadhan has been leading the Privacy Tools for Sharing Research Data project, since fall 2012. This is a multi-school, cross-departmental effort supported by the National Science Foundation’s Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) program.https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-77123937-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
- Scott Kominers Honored with Star Family Prize for Excellence in Advising
- Video for "Ethics, Engineers, and Emissions: A multifaceted look at the VW incident" is available online
- CRCS holds panel titled "Ethics, Engineers, and Emissions: A multifaceted look at the VW incident"
- CRCS Affiliate Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye presents at Princeton's CITP
- Postdoc Fellow Vishesh Karwa publishes "Inference using noisy degrees: Differentially private $\beta$-model and synthetic graphs"
- Postdoctoral fellow Babis Tsourakakis invited to speak at MMDS
Latest Tweets from @HCRCS:
- @HelenMargetts will be discussing t.co/D1EvpbYAvF at Harvard @HCRCS May 2nd
- “Is the internet replacing teachers?” My .@TEDx talk gives one perspective t.co/pxZd5K2p1U #edtech #mooc
- Two of our own were recently given tenure here @ #Harvard @hseas, and we couldn't be prouder. Congrats to Prof Gajos (@kgajos) & Prof Chong!