Welcome to CRCS
Harvard's Center for Research on Computation and Society (CRCS) brings computer scientists together with scholars from a broad range of fields to make advances in computer science research that serve public interest, informed by a deep knowledge of the societal issues at stake. Currently we have activities in areas such as: Economics and Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics, Privacy and Security, Technology and Accessibility, Automation and Reproducibility of Data Analysis.
Since Fall 2009, CRCS has joined forces with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. In particular, we have integrated our fellowship programs and coordinated our respective seminars to foster collaboration. CRCS hosts a biweekly seminar for both communities from 11:30am – 1:00pm on Mondays in Maxwell Dworkin, Room 119. CRCS fellows, faculty and friends are also encouraged to participate in the weekly Berkman lunches, held each Tuesday from 2:00 – 4:00pm. CRCS also hosts informal discussions on seminar off-weeks (alternating Mondays, 11:30-1:00) to encourage group discussions across disciplines, addressing relevant societal problems.
Here at CRCS, faculty member Salil Vadhan has been leading the Privacy Tools for Sharing Research Data project, since fall 2012. This is a multi-school, cross-departmental effort supported by the National Science Foundation’s Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) program.
- Babis Tsourakakis' paper accepted to the Journal of SIAM Discrete Mathematics.
- Postdoctoral fellow Babis Tsourakakis Presenting at Stanford's RAIN
- New Postdoctoral Fellow Shiri Assis-Hassid Joins CRCS!
- "Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis paper accepted to the ACM Conference on Social Networks"
- Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis paper accepted to the Journal of Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis to present poster at ICERM
Latest Tweets from @HCRCS:
- Talk from @LatanyaSweeney at @HCRCS 2015: Opportunity to make impact is very low-hanging. It's important to bring that to the real world!
- Hear @LatanyaSweeney talk @HCRCS 2015: Technology is changing everything! #Privacy and #Security was the first wave! t.co/KvPN5193Mm
- had fun giving talk at #CRCS2015, fun to be back at Harvard! Now listening to Yochai Benkler who's already pushing back on my talk :)