Welcome to CRCS
Harvard's Center for Research on Computation and Society (CRCS) brings computer scientists together with a broad range of scholars from other fields to make advances in computer science research that serves public interest, informed by a deep knowledge of the societal issues at stake. Currently we have activities in areas such as Economics and Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics, Privacy and Security, Technology and Accessibility, Automation and Reproducibility of Data Analysis.
Since Fall 2009, CRCS has joined forces with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. In particular, we have integrated our fellowship programs and coordinated our respective seminars to foster collaboration. CRCS hosts a biweekly seminar for both communities from 11:30am – 1:00pm on Mondays in Maxwell Dworkin, Room 119. CRCS fellows, faculty and friends are also encouraged to participate in the weekly Berkman lunches, held each Tuesday from 2:00 – 4:00pm. CRCS also hosts informal discussions on seminar off-weeks (alternating Mondays, 11:30-1:00) to encourage group discussions across disciplines, addressing relevant societal problems.
Here at CRCS, faculty member Salil Vadhan has been leading the Privacy Tools for Sharing Research Data project, since fall 2012. This is a multi-school, cross-departmental effort supported by the National Science Foundation’s Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) program.
- "Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis paper accepted to the ACM Conference on Social Networks"
- Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis paper accepted to the Journal of Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- Postdoc Babis Tsourakakis to present poster at ICERM
- Postdoc Jasper Snoek joins Twitter
- Postdoc Rafael M. Frongillo appointed Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Colorado Boulder.)
- Postdoc Rafael M. Frongillo presents at COLT 2015
Latest Tweets from @HCRCS:
- CRCS' coordinator apologizes for her lack of twitter finesse. Tips & reconstructed tweets are welcomed. #learningcurve #socialmedia #help
- @twitter @YTCambridge REGISTER NOW: Societal Impact through Computing Research / 9/25/15 / t.co/hFK35BhTEu
- @Harvard_IACS REGISTER NOW: Societal Impact through Computing Research / 9/25/15 / t.co/hFK35B0ifU